My Daemon Persaon

Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Harry Potter Dance

Miss Shylah Garmes, winner of the costume contest.

Caledonians and Steelheadians love to party, and don't have to look hard to find a reason. In this case it was the occassion of the release of the final Harry Potter book. Though most attendees were well-versed in the series, there were several, myself included, who know next to nothing about the books. Like I said, we need little excuse to find a reason to party. grins broadly This dance was part of a larger series of Harry Potter-related events scattered throughout Caledon. There was a trivia event (as I am in near total ignorance of the subject matter, I thought to leave that one alone). There was a sorting the hat event ( before I went to the dance, I had no clue what that meant, so I didn't go to that event either...however, once I got to the ball, the term was explained to me, and I went to the website to which I was directed, took an incredibly long test, and found out I was a member of the Ravenclaw House, which after I read the discription of said house, came as no surprise at all to me). The dance event was hosted by Librarians Mr. JJ and Miss Mica, held on land graciously provided by Her Grace, the Duchess of Primvernesse, Lady CoyoteAngel Dimsum, and was DJ'ed by none other than Her Grace the Duchess of Carntaigh, Lady Gabrielle Riel. The music was fantastic, and the conversation quite witty, with numerous humourous limericks exchanged among the guests about each other (which will be posted by Lady Gabi in her blog...I'm looking forward to it). I took photos of a number of the guests, shown below.


Sir Hotspur "Hotsie" O'Toole, Colonel


Caledon's Premier Librarian JJ Drinkwater

Her Grace The Duchess of Carntaigh, Lady Gabrielle Riel, DJ for the event


Jarl Otenth Paderborn (I think)

98 and I


Lady Protector Diamanda Gustavson


Dr. Mitsu Figaro


Miss CeAire and Mr. Hawk Decosta (I think)


Lord Edaward Pearse and Lady Christine McAllister-Pearse

Harry Potter Party-goers

Miss Hermione Pennyfeather


An owl watches over the festivities


Flaming pitchforks and torches! Oh my!


Lord Edward Pearse as a very wizardly-looking but deadly dangerous drop bear (not to be confused with the kind and cuddly koala bear). I think if Lord Edward wore this avi, he would have won the contest.

JJ


Miss Eugenia Burton

A true Hogwarts night!


The importance of Libraries in our SL communities!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baroness, you did, indeed correctly identify me.